08 March 2010

Telenovelas & Jesus

Dear Reader,

Did you ever have a dream that seemed rediculous? I do. Its to publish 5 great selling novels and be on the writing team of one world famous Telenovela. Just one. A couple years ago I had an interview to work with TV guide en espanol. It made my week. Sadly I was 9 credits short of graduation and missed the second interview because I went to a college class instead. I still watch telenovelas when one comes on that catches my eye (they only last about 6 months), and wish that I could be the one who wrote them. Some are sexy, but I've seen a few that make you think more about that thing Jesus said about loving God, and loving others...Not the one I'm watching now, but there have been some in the past...

WHAT I'M WORKING ON:
1.) I'm really getting into Pues, No and I'm excited about where that's going. Each new writing project carries with it all the hopes of a new world, I suppose.
2.) I'm reading over "The Red Envelope" and trying to decide what stays and what goes in it. Its tougher than I thought.

WHAT I'M READING:
1.) The Gospel of Mark in the Bible with my brother and sister. We're on chapter 12
2.) "Chasing Harry Winston" by Lauren Weisberger. Its been about 6 months since I've read a secular novel. I have to say that one character curses and it threw me off at first, also so did another characters sarcastic comment about God. I like to read fiction that makes me want to study my Bible, and learn more about Jesus but every once in a while I buy a book in the Walmart book asle. Balance you know?

WHAT YOU CAN PRAY FOR ME:
1.) That my house sells.

WHATS ON MY iPOD:
1.)Learning to fall by This Beautiful Republic.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Thanks for praying for me :)
~Alicia