10 June 2009

Day of Writer's Block

So last week I sprained my ankle.

It looks like a lame fall right? I mean guys keep on asking me if it was a sports injury and I have to reply, "No, no I'm just short and lame and I fell down 4 stairs when trying to close a window." Meanwhile I wish I could be saying "Yes it was a sports injury, I was training for the next summer Olympics where I will be running the 100 yard dash.

During this time I have written 2 pages in my work-in-progress and I have gotten 2 e-mails from the publisher I am working with asking me for the revised copy of my mystery novel. I'm hyperventilating.

The good news is that I did not have to go into jury duty with my sprained ankle. The bad news is that I did not have to go into jury duty.

My doctor told me no running for a week or two AT LEAST. He stressed that last bit. Now of course you know what I wish I were doing right now? Running.

I need to get back to writing.

1 comment:

May Vanderbilt said...

Use the ankle! Write, write, write!

All my best injuries were caused by general klutziness. I can totally relate.